Click the link above to view the full article on how AT&T Stadium integrated i beacon technology this off season to gear up for the current NFL stadium.
Below are three things that the Dallas Cowboys did right with their mobile strategy for the 2014-15 NFL Season:
1. The Cowboys recognized the need to overcome connectivity by partnering with AT&T to obtain the infrastructure necessary to deliver good mobile experiences in-venue.
- "The mobile features, which will be used for the first time when the Cowboys meet the San Francisco 49ers in their Sept. 7 National Football League home opener, follow a 50 percent ramp-up in cellular network capacity at the five-year-old stadium in Arlington, TX."
2. The Cowboys figured out a unique way to build upon the NFL’s mobile messaging strategy by incorporating mobile CTAs as part of an enhanced in-game experience.
- “As the stadium app vibrates, a message will be displayed providing the particular context and immediacy of the action. Fans will be guided to unlock their phones, hold their fingers on the Dallas Cowboys star and as more phones power up, the stadium will be full of strobes, not only from mobile devices, but also on the ribbon displays and the HD video board.
The visual will gain intensity and speed as more fans join in, energizing the stadium and culminating in a final eruption of light and motion provided by the louvers that will canvas the entire stadium.”
3. The Cowboys established utility for their app beyond the typical shiny objects.
- "The app also will be useful to management in its ability to lets users rate their experience, including building security and traffic flow to and from the game."